A Corrective Exercise Specialist a fitness professional responsible for performing flexibility and mobility assessments; and creating corrective movement programs. A Corrective Exercise Specialist helps clients correct muscle dysfunction, change improper movement patterns, minimize or eliminate joint pain, and improve both mobility and flexibility. Corrective Exercise Specialists can also act as a buffer between physical therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and resuming normal activities. We are trained to see movement patterns from a global perspective and analyze how chronic pain or previous injuries can effect the body's ability to move as functional unit.
Examples of Corrective Exercise Programs can include:
1. Neck and Shoulder muscle imbalances and pain from forward head, rounded shoulders, hyperkyphosis, scoliosis symptoms, thoracic outlet syndrome, and upper back pain.
2. Core instability and chronic low back pain from anterior pelvic tilt, sway back, or core instability from pregnancy.
3. Hip pain or weakness from gluteal inhibition, piriformis syndrome, IT Band Syndrome, and tight hip flexors.
4. Knee pain stemming from "knee cave" (valgus), bowed knees (varus), patellofemoral pain, pain when walking/jogging.
5. Ankle and Foot pain from muscle imbalances causing plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, and bunions.
If it looks like we do a lot, we do. Assessment and Program Development are the cornerstones of Corrective Exercise. We aim to make movement as efficient and pain free as possible for every client.
In a nutshell, this is what we do. If you are experiencing any of the above mentioned issues or struggle to work out because of pain don't hesitate to reach out to me. I offer all new clients a free assessment and consultation session.
TO BOOK A SESSION, CONTACT ME BELOW!
My name is Elizabeth McLeod.
I am a Corrective Exercise Specialist, Certified Personal Trainer, and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.